Friday, July 30, 2010

Did you first time parents go to Parenting Classes?

I researched a lot about how to take care of the baby, breastfeeding, nutrition, etc while my wife had no patience for a book. I recommended a parenting class so she'll know what to do. Did you or your husband go to any?Did you first time parents go to Parenting Classes?
No, we didn't take one when I was pregnant with our daughter. For one, taking care of children is something you learn by doing. People have been taking care of children for ages and no class taught them that. I heard that they can be very informative but in my opinion I find it just as a waste of money.Did you first time parents go to Parenting Classes?
Reading how to be a good parent and actually BEING ONE are two completely different things. No one can truly be prepared to be a parent. Some people have a natural ability because of their own healthy, happy upbringing others are exactly the opposite because of how they were raised. That is what makes the biggest difference I think.





Other than that I think you %26amp; your partner need to talk alot about it in advance about parenting techniques, morals, values, religion, money, discipline, roles as parents, use of time, what is important to eachother, how you were each raised. A BOOK really isn't practical application and can not prepare you for the REAL DEAL because every child in your home will be different, unique and is not explainable in any BOOK!
No..parenting classes are a joke....do not go to any of them, they teach you to the children control everything. As for the day to day care of an infant...the nurses will help your wife with breastfeeding and for the first while that is all the nutrician your baby will need, then after that...buy or make baby food of veggies and give them baby cerieal. Changing diapers are straight forward and at the hospital they will also help you with giving the baby the first bath and you will learn how to do that confidently....many other questions and concerns in the day to day care can be addressed diretly to your doctor or other parents you know.
i am a single mother and i was a young one at that. i did not take any type of class for me like most moms i think it comes naturaly. they connect with the baby along time before it is born . i wish you luck and everythinf with your first child. but in my opinion you can read all you want but it is not the same. parenting is a trial and error thing you will learn al lot on the trip as your child grows. no kid is alike so noone can tell you how to raise your child. i think youcan do it just belive in your self.
No, we didn't. We had the best teachers around. Our parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, older cousins and anybody else who we thought did a great job raising their kids. We did buy the book down in the source block as a guideline and thought is helped a lot.
We both went to a parenting class because it was offered at the hospital where we were going. It taught things like infant CPR and things to do in emergencies. For the basic stuff like changing, feeding, etc a class is really not necessary unless you have absolutely no idea.
I went to several parenting classes and they were quite helpful in rearing my daughter. I would reccommend all parents attend a class, it's so much differanter than reading a book because it shows you what to do. I loved parenting classes.
no what class really teaches u how to be a parent. u learn by actions not someone dictating their opinion on what they think makes u a good parent. i would not do it but to each parent their own so good luck.
I have 4 children and went to not one parenting class.There is no class or book that well really ready you for parenting..every child is different.If a class makes you feel better then go for it.
No, I didn't go. I figured it would come naturally and it did. :)
I don't need parenting classes. I'm Tex. I'm the best mother ever. I hate my kids, I want to run away from my life and I'm always right!!!!!
  • clinique
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment