Friday, July 30, 2010

What does this say about your parenting skills if you raise one bad kid and one good kid?

It says you took the time to reach one child. You did not take the time to learn how to teach the other.What does this say about your parenting skills if you raise one bad kid and one good kid?
Well, it could be that you paid more attention to one and not the other. Maybe that kid felt left out. If the bad kid is your second kid then the first kid that you had, you had more time for. It doesn't mean that your an entirely bad parent it just means that you did better parenting with the good kid. Think back did you discipline more, more on top of your rules and strict? If you had or have a husband did you guys stick together with punishment and fallow through with rules together too? Think about it maybe if you have another kid do the same parenting that you did with the good kid. Hope I helped!


P.S.- I don't know if you just asked this question or if it actually happened so I said it like it happened.What does this say about your parenting skills if you raise one bad kid and one good kid?
It really depends on the parents. You can't say that the parents are bad because one child turned out bad or that the parents where good parents just because one child turned out good. My mother was a horrible mother from the time I was 1 1/2 up until now and my father was hardly ever around. My mother abused drugs and alcohol and my siblings and I were abused emotionally and physically. I graduated high school, got married, went to college and had a good job. I have 2 kids now and a wonderful husband. My sister is currently attending high school and will possibly go on to become something. My brothers are just like my mom. She had two good kids %26amp; 2 bad kids but those two good kids do not make my mother a good parent.





On the other hand, I know someone that had 5 kids. 3 of those kids turned out to abuse drugs and alcohol. They lost everything they had and made nothing of themselves. Two of her kids grew up to be respectable citizens and have great kids. Those 3 that turned out bad does not make her a bad parent.





I think that parenting does influence how a person turns out somewhat but for the most part those people that make bad decisions want someone to blame those bad decisions on. Parent's shouldn't be made to take the blame because their children grow up to make bad choices. We as humans can get past our childhood and make something of ourselves instead of taking the easy way out, doing what we want and then laying the blame with our parents.
From my personal experience, it doesn't say much at all. I am one of three girls, and my older sister turned out to be the ';black sheep'; of our family while my little sister and I didn't cause any serious trouble for my parents. My parents gave all of us the same opportunities, equal amounts of attention and support, etc. For some reason, it was just never enough for my sister and she always acted out and got into trouble. In some cases, I'm sure parents may pay more attention to one child over another, but that wasn't the case in my family. I just think all kids are different and sometimes parents can try everything under the sun and it just won't work with a particular child.
It could say a lot.





Example. My grandmother has always felt my uncles could do no wrong. Even after going to jail for drugs and other things. To this day she thinks they do no wrong and they still get into trouble because she has never made them accountable for their actions. Even as young boys they got away with everything.





It could say nothing at all.





Example. I know a set of 3 girls. Their parents treated them all the same. Made them accountable for their actions, but one of the girls cannot keep herself on the right path. She makes the choices of doing wrong. It's all on her not her parents parenting skills.
I came up good, and my brother not so much and it doesnt mean my mom had bad parenting skills. it means he grew up and made his own choices. he chose to throw out everything my mom taught him. all 3 of my sisters are good too. were definitely not perfect but we were never into any sort of trouble. i might have been during high school , but i grew up and made choices.
depends on the individual parent.





i know many parents who were great parents, and one of their kids just got into the wrong crowd and ended up using drugs and getting addicted, and that led to a life of crime trying to get his next hit anyway he could (he's clean now, btw, and he's my husband) and their (4) other kids ended up good.


but i've also known shitty parents who have gotten lucky and their kids turned out good. not that they care that they're good.
It means that humans have free will! How did I come from such a messed up family and turn out to be a caring and decent human being? I have every excuse in the world to be a child abuser, a drug user, and an alcoholic. I chose to be a good parent and not get caught up in all that crap! It was a conscious decision to NOT be like my parents and the Grace of G-d!
It probably means your put effort into one child and basically gave up on the Other or ignored the other. Or if the bad child is the older one then the younger child may lean from the bad child and see how not to act and what happens if they were to act that way.
trust me it says nothing about the parents who are doing the right thing in their parenting,,,, but for the one who has strayed away you have to always keep in mind that it is about CHOICES ,, the creator gives us all free will
It means you're a bad parent and you got lucky, or you're a good parent and one kid just followed the wrong path. Its not ALWAYS entirely the parents fault.
Not much. Depending on the parents, maybe the good child is the unusual one.
it says that every child is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment