Friday, July 30, 2010

What can I do if my ex isn't complying with all the stipulations in our parenting plan?

The fact that I live out of state does complicate the matter, however she refuses to comply with other portions of our agreement. She never lets me have him on Christmas, and refuses to let me claim him on my taxes every other year, and constantly wants more money in support from me even though the court denied her request. What can I do if my ex isn't complying with all the stipulations in our parenting plan?
Take her back to court. And don't give her any more money than what the court mandated.What can I do if my ex isn't complying with all the stipulations in our parenting plan?
1. ';Wanting'; money is not a violation. Feel free to say no.


2. You don't need her permission to claim him on the tax return. Just do it and if you are audited show the order to the auditor.


3. I don't know what you mean when you say she refuses to let you have him on Christmas. If she is in violation of the order you can ask the court to hold her in contempt. If she is just not making it easy, or not paying for transportation or something like that, there is no violation.
It may be cheaper for you to ask your attorney to write her a letter requesting specific dates of visitation for the upcoming year.. It will hopefully intimidate her enough if it comes from your lawyer's office. They do that for people.





You are well within your bounds to bring her back to court, but holy moly. If you can avoid it, more power to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment