Friday, July 30, 2010

Do you celebrate the little parenting victories?

Like when you can see a load of their laundry from start to finish and no pens, tissues or chewing gum got by you?Do you celebrate the little parenting victories?
Yep...and when your kindergartner manages to wipe himself correctly instead of simply smearing it....I celebrated that yesterday!=)Do you celebrate the little parenting victories?
oh ya, its weird but i never could imagine that my son would be able to sing his abcs, so when he did for the first time i danced around in excitement. it was the same with rolling over, sitting up, and walking. My biggest celebration is their birthdays of course. its not just a day for them. its my day too, i get to celebrate the fact that i am NOT in hard labor like i was on that exact day so many years ago, and i celebrate the fact that one more year is taken off my sentence.





ETA:I just wanted to say to DEANS that it is NOT your fault that u washed his wallet. hes a big boy, he should be able to empty his own pockets. my husbands things get washed all the time bc he doesnt empty his pockets, he wouldnt dare blame me for it lol
What about the spousal victories...uh...I may have washed my husband's wallet last night by accident....totally my fault by the way. He dropped his nasty jeans and went upstairs to shower. I needed them off of the floor because they were so gross. I thought I had taken everything out. At least I got his cell phone, pocket knife...and other things, right?





* he always empties his pockets, but he was working under my parents' house yesterday. He was disgustingly dirty when he got home...and he was so tired. He dropped his clothes as soon as he got home because he wanted to shower. He would've cleaned his pockets after showering, but I couldn't even wait that long...so I did it...and missed the wallet. Oops. But I agree, it's not my job to do so. I just took it upon myself this time.
grrrrr.....tissues in the laundry drive me crazy! I don't know how they get past me. A while ago I washed my husbands cell phone! Anyways, to answer your question, yes. Small victories are all I have these days, lol.
I think it's been a year since anybody drew on the walls. Cake, anybody?





*babaloo, my husband washed two cellphones in a row. guess what the only kind of damage not covered by the warranty was.
about that...
letting me sleep late.
  • clinique
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment