Friday, July 30, 2010

Why do you think that there are mostly moms on the parenting board?

Do men just find the subject boring? Are women more likely to discuss parenting?


Or do you think it's something else?





I don't feel like I'm stereotyping, just observing.Why do you think that there are mostly moms on the parenting board?
Well I know that when my husband found out I answer questions here he almost peed himself laughing lol. I tried to make him get an account, but he just laughed even more. I think he finds the whole thing ridiculous lol.





I've seen some men on here give really great advice, but I think on the whole women are just more likely to get ';into'; the parenting board, and find it interesting.


Also we all know girls are more likely to talk about feelings, and get into in depth conversations, and just find kids an interesting and fun subject to talk about.


My husband loves talking about the kids, and he's always chatting with our friends, but it's not often that he will get into an in depth conversation with them about an aspect of parenting.





Honestly, apart from that I really don't have a clue.


;)Why do you think that there are mostly moms on the parenting board?
I get the feeling that there are more women on Y!A in general.


Why that is, I can't say . . . I could be completely mistaken.








I think perhaps why there may be fewer men on the Parenting board because, though many men are fathers, I think men still generally take a smaller role in parenting, unfortunately. This is the impression I get from my own family, my friend's families, and TV, including shows like Supernanny.





I think it is in men's nature to not want as much to share their issues or get involved in other peoples', where as women tend to love that stuff.
Good morning, m'dear !


I think that men are typically just not the communicators that women are, insofar as they have thoughts, but usually resolve them in their minds, whereas typically we women have to think, voice, ask, and THEN resolve !


Men get from step 1 to step 4 in one shot, maybe 2, whereas we women and moms analyze, re-analyze, compare, etc..I actually am very envious of their ability to draw many of the same conclusions as we do with much less of the complexity that we do !
I think women (in general) spend more time focused on relationships and children. I know when I get together with my girlfriends- we discuss our husbands and our kids. Our husbands tend towards sports or jobs and maybe family. So, it makes sense to me that for the most part parenting boards are going to draw women. Plus that, more women stay at home with kids and are more likely to be looking for an outlet to discuss what they know- their children- and meet people with shared interests. I don't think its a reflection of what good parents dads are. My husband is a excellent father, you just wouldn't see him on here talking about it.
I know my husband does like to dish. He just thinks the net is a lame-o place to do so. He prefers face to face interactions with friends, co-workers or families.





And, he quite enjoys talking about parenting and kids. Just not to strangers. And, he says answers is full of weirdos, lol.
i think fathers do talk about parenting just as we moms do.





the only diff is that we can talk about it in person, on the phone, via email, online, heck, even through smoke signals!





most men, well, they would rather talk about parenting live --and with beer. lol!
Unless it is a game that you can blow things up....my hubby is not interested. He doesn't even have an email.





I find more Dad's to be laid back about stuff. They love their kids but tend not to stress over the details like us Moms do.... I guess it is because they know we do LOL
Most moms have that built in concern thing, while dads usually just think that we're overreacting about something, or that we'll take care of it. Maybe it's kind of along the same lines as why men don't stop for directions!
Men don't talk about things and usually don't seek help about things (besides car repairs or something - though they usually try to do that themselves too)
I think that this area is mostly social. Women like to socialize on boards like these. As my husband puts it ';are you getting paid for these answers?'; He thinks facebook is a total waste of time too...lol.
I think it's b/c moms just love to talk about their kids more and also b/c it seems like most of the ladies on here are sahms and get on when they have time to.
I don't think some men are into talking about things in general.





Of course, I have seen many men on here that are and that have given excellent advice.
I think because women are usually more chatty and eager to moan about their issues and help others.
i would think that us ladies are more likely to be yakkers. i think we also probably are looking for the connection that answers can offer.
because unfortunately a lot of fathers (not all) are not involved in there children's lives...either not very much or not at all...
most men dont like to ';dish'; and chat about troubles and worries like women do lol its just in our nature!
I think it's simply because most men don't want to sit here and chat with us ';catty'; women lol!
Because in my husband's free time he would rather do one of five things:





play with the kids


have sex


ride his Harley


drink a beer


watch tv





In that order, I swear!!
there is acually more men on here than i would think would be on here
Us women love to talk, and when we can't talk, we type ( =
Maybe we have some men that appear to be women? I wish we had more!
  • clinique
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment