Friday, November 25, 2011

Are there any Teen Pregnancy books about parenting and things?

I am 17 yrs old and am pregnant. I am trying to educate myself about what I am going expect and things.I have read things online that I need to know.I am also looking into taking classes as well but I want a book to read on about what I should expect and maybe even one based on teens possibly.





Thanks.Are there any Teen Pregnancy books about parenting and things?
I HATE the book What To Expect When You're Expecting... It made me feel that everything I did was wrong and seemed more like a scare tactic rather than information. And it's very much outdated. I would not recommend it.





Instead, try Mayo Clinic's Guide To A Healthy Pregnancy. It's what I'm reading now. It's very factual and will tell you what is going on with your body every step of the way. And also what to expect when the baby comes. It tells your all your options about different things, but doesn't preach.





Check out your local library for other books about pregnancy and parenting. Also, talk to any adult you trust for advice!





Congrats and good luck!!!Are there any Teen Pregnancy books about parenting and things?
I'm in your position sweet heart. 18, and 21 weeks pregnant with twin girls. I have read the what to expect when your expecting. I did not like it so much. I was looking for other books like you for teens, and could not find much. I found that I wrote down questions to what I wanted to educate myself on, and asked it on here. People are so generous to help you , and most people give really good advice. Except those who think Teen pregnancy is the most horrible thing in the world, which makes me mad when I recieve answers from people like that. But, I get over it. I also went down to the WIC building and got a lot of magazines for pregnant teens, and they are very helpful. You can email me if you want. jess4039@yahoo.com
Try your local Library I did that when I found out I was prego just to ready up on some thigns about parenting and how raising a child starts when they are in the belly..etc
try the girlfriend's guide to pregnancy.
http://www.itsaboutlove.com
actually yes if you have a computer you can look up websites about young pregnant teens,or go to your local library in look up books thats what i did
Go to google and put in Teen Pregnancy Literature.
if your from the uk your mid wife will give you a book called ready steady baby that tells you everything even how to change a nappy and steralise a bottle
Just get that book what to expect when your expecting its like ten dollars at walmart it helps answer all my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment