Friday, November 25, 2011

Do You Know How To Mind Your Own Parenting Business?

Or do conflict others with your constant opinions, implying it is the only way to Parent? Because you feel you are the only person who is able to raise a Child properly.Do You Know How To Mind Your Own Parenting Business?
I definitely know how to mind my own *parenting technique* business.


In 10 years I have only had concerns about a handful of people it had nothing to do with how they parent, per se. More about other things (one child was missing 2 to 3 days per week of school and possibly being left home alone at night while her mom worked. She was 6).


That one really worried me and I had to speak to someone.


Otherwise- your kid, not mine! is how I look at it.Do You Know How To Mind Your Own Parenting Business?
I mind my business. I'm not presumptuous to believe i know all and see all. the only parents im truly guilty of judging is my aunt and uncle. i feel so badly for there children. i want to take them home with me and make them better but i can't. i do know their story. i wish i didn't but thats how my family is. its not even a debate on how their parenting techniques either. that i think is silly - who cares as long as the kid is being taken care of right? ibut its not that simple.


i wish i could say i don't judge everyone but i am guilty of for them. everyone else - not my kid and i don't know the whole story so how can i even begin to say i know best. besides i've only been an actual parent for a few years. my only real expertise is my opinions. i've got a lot of those but you know what they say about opinions - they are like butt holes, every one has one....
I have many friends with many variations to how they raise their kids. I may have my own ideas about things, but I am not about to tell them how I think they should do it. I don't think there is only one way to properly raise a child. We all do the best we can and emphasize the things we think are important.
In the real world, I mind my own. On the internet, I will share my opinion if I feel like it. But that's what a parenting forum is for, right? To share thoughts, ideas, advice and encouragement, as well as opinions. As long as people are not rude, arrogant, or degrading, I don't mind hearing opinions against my own. But like I said, in real life (outside of my computer screen) I mind my own.
Knowing how much it pisses me off when people pass judgement on my parenting style I try to refrain from judging others - unless they ask me for advice then I will happily explain what works (or doesn't) for me.





At the end of the day we're all muddling through doing what works best for us as individuals so although I might have certain ideas, for example, that breastfeeding is the best option for your baby, I accept that it might not always be the best option for the mother. What's the point in me judging someone for using formula? It has nothing to do with me and if the mother is happy with her choice that's all that matters isn't it?





I had a little difficulty saying nothing during an extended holiday with the MIL recently...honestly - what gives people the idea that you really want a constant stream of advice and criticism on how to raise your child!
i don't judge on others forms of parenting although i have been judged on mine. I can't stand it when some one thinks their way is right and everyone else's is wrong. People need to realize that no one does things the same . The only one who should have a say in the way you parent your kids is you! The only way any one should ever interfere is when the child is being abused!
I dont really judge other parents, but with MY OWN kids things have to be done my way if someone else (eg my mother) is looking after them and if they wont do it MY WAY then they dont look after them.





Sometimes i cant help but look at the way others do things and think how god dam wrong it is but i wont say anything unless they ask and it doesnt happen that often.
I mind my own. All the conflict is simply ridiculous so I stay out of it. I know what I'm doing for my child is best and not liking what others do isn't going to do anything so why bother right? lol it's really silly. I just keep my opinions to myself and ask questions that I need help on =)
I do believe that I know how to mind my own business. However, I do have a couple of family members who think their children are the greatest things ever put on this planet, and think everyone else can do nothing right in their eyes.





That annoys me to no end.
I only give my opinion when asked~


And even then, I know that 99 percent of the time, people will do what they want to anyway.


My parenting style works for us, but I would never ever force it on others, because I cannot stand when others force theirs on me.
All answers to these sensitive issues are necessary for us to know and you can find most of then answered in this site that I happened to go through for another query of mine...hope it helps you.
I think I am the only one who knows how to raise MY children properly (and hubby is O.K at it too, lol.) However, what works for my kids most likely may not work for other peoples children, so who am I to judge anyone?
I'm still relatively new to being a parent, so I know that my ways aren't always golden. I do feel that I'm the only person who can raise MY child properly. She's my child after all.
oh i always think i can do it better than others but i know thats not always true





Help me with my question





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
I like advice and I think (hope) I only give it when asked for. I have enough of my own problems to know not to shout my mouth off all the time.
No, I'm not a very confrontational person, I give my opinions and really nothing more. Not my job to change people or try to.
I mind my own business for the most part....on here I can sometimes get a little opinionated in some areas (immunizations) but I never imply my way is the only way ot that I am better than anyone else.
OUCH! i hope i dont fall into that, i think noones perfect and hate to see so many others judged just coz its not the way someone else does things,
  • new lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment