Friday, November 25, 2011

How did/does parenting affect your daily life?

This can be in any way, shape, or form =]How did/does parenting affect your daily life?
It doesn't affect my life, It IS my life. Before kids, you can go wherever, do whatever you want. After kids, everything has to be planned. But it's well worth it.How did/does parenting affect your daily life?
That's a funny question. It simply changed everything.





My daily life after becoming a parent (stay-at-home mom, focused on kid-related things for the vast majority of the day) has virtually nothing in common with my life before having kids (attorney who used what little leisure time I had for things like reading books of the non Goodnight Moon variety and going for hikes that it will be years before I can attempt with my kids).





Oh yeah, and I used to take more than 5 minute showers, get more sleep, eat my own lunch without sharing it with whatever kid suddenly decided it looked delicious, and use the bathroom whenever I felt like it. (And I used to be nowhere near as happy).
It affects me sometimes when I have a long day and I don't want to go home and I want to keep riding but I know I have to go home and do my job as a parent. It affects me when I am having a long day and I don't want to do my job and I just want to relax. Overall being a parent is a blessing and lesson. It is amazing how smart kids are and how fast they grow up. My son and have a great relationship and he knows when I am having a good day and a bad day and on my bad days he doesn't bother me with clueless question or nag me about simple things, he just waits until my good day and wears me out.
There is a whole lot more meaning to my life with my daughter and now I'm more responsible, cautious and more patient than I used to be. I never knew how much I could love someone until I had her. I also used to be able to go to the bathroom, take a shower, paint my toenails, and eat without having someone else join me.
I'm alot more cautious about things now. I find myself constantly making sure that any furniture or food I buy is age appropriate for my son. Other than that me and my husband buy alot healthier food than we used to and we have more planned meals.


I also don't get as much private free time, but that doesn't bother me too much. I find myself looking forward to my son waking up in the morning or from his nap, just to see what he will say or do next. He makes life more rewarding.
I'm more of a planner than I used to. Which is good because it helped me become more efficient with my time and money. I had to plan out even as far as when I would take my own restroom breaks during a day of running errands because some places would be easier to take the baby with me than others. I plan more for the future. I understand who what I do/say now affects more than just me in the future.
It made me stronger and think of others instead of alway myself


I learned to make sacrifices so my son could have something he needed


I was always tired by the end of the night after working afternoon shift at the Hospital but tucking him and giving his sweet face a kiss goodnight erased all the stress


there were at times I wished I could have deep frozen him and thaw him out when I was ready


didnt work


he grew up anyway
It actually made it more unpredictable and I wasn't on my own schedule. I am less selfish now.


I have 3 kids under 5 years old they get sick, get hungry, have to go to the bathroom at the awkwardest times. Otherwise I love it, they are funny and love me more than anyone probably ever will.
It affects my daily life in every way, shape AND form! There isn't anything that being a mother doesn't affect, from the way I think, to my actions... everything is about her.
It doesn't it makes me a more organised person who appreciates every minute of the day... i wish there were more hours in the day though ..

No comments:

Post a Comment