Friday, November 25, 2011

How do you regulars have so much time to be on Yahoo Answers Parenting Forum?

I'm curious...especially the SAHMs. When I have a sick day or vacation day home with my son, I don't have any time at all to get online! I come to this forum when I'm at work because as a scientist, I do a lot of ';hurry up and wait'; for experiments.How do you regulars have so much time to be on Yahoo Answers Parenting Forum?
I'm at work usually when I'm on here.





And honestly, my time on YA is going to be cutting back. My boss gave me a lecture, yadda yadda yadda... I've actually gotten an incredible amount of work done today and I jump off and on here for my breaks. Hey, I look at it like this - those cig smokers out there can take 3 or 4 cig breaks through the day for 10 min each... Why can't I take a YA break every once in a while?!?!?!?!?!?! :)How do you regulars have so much time to be on Yahoo Answers Parenting Forum?
I work full time so i'm on in work like you.. I'm an Accountant so i'm at a computer most of the day.





when i'm at home over the weekends i rarely ever go on. 1 - cause i'm older and i didn't grow up with computers so i didn't use them to pass the time or when i was bored. 2 - i usually have tons of other things to do.


if i do go on it's when my sons sleeping or has went to bed. but like i said, i don't think to go play on the computer when i have down time.. actually i usually play Wii when Aydens napping.
Well, my son has been napping for the last hour and I expect him to be asleep for at least another hour. During the rest of the day it's not hard to find 5 minutes to pick up the computer and surf the internet. My son spends a lot of time playing with the child that I babysit since they are about the same age and I have a few minutes when I'm not playing with them or doing chores to come on here.
As a SAHM, my day starts around 5:30, 6 at the latest and doesn't end until the kids are in bed (and even then I am still doing chores on occasion) so my work is spread out rather than being one big chunk. I make sure I am playing with my child, getting housework done and taking care of ';farm'; stuff so if I can squeeze this in, I don't feel bad about it at all. There are days that I admit are more productive than others but overall, I'm pretty busy.
I'm usually here when I am at work. or when my daughter is napping. she isn't asleep right now but she is watching one of her shows so I'm on the computer. and my husband is bringing home dinner so I don't have to cook so I have a little bit more time. this is actually my first question of the day.
I don't know if I would be considered a ';regular';...but I know that I'm on here all day!





I have the most boring job in the world. Even when I BEG for something to do - the task is so mundane that it is done in 5 minutes.





Heck, I have earned 2 levels since starting this job ... in OCTOBER 2008!





I don't get on during the weekends though. I need YA detox. :-)
I feel that being a stay at home Mom for so many years I have developed a routine to get all my work done, work one day a week, cook clean, volunteer at school, sewing and crafts, have coffee with the girls one morning a week and fit plenty of computer time in. sometimes my only free time is morning hours when youngest is in pre-school.
my son is either asleep or playing in his room i check on him feed him etc...he is 21 months old so i dont have to be over him all the time...im on here alot after he goes to bed at night sometimes in the daytime like today he is watching his favorite cartoons so i jumped on here to read or answer questions:)
I sit down and answer a few questions over the day in my spare time. I have 5-10 minutes here and there. And in the evening when my husband is home I get on for a while. Right now my husband is out of town so in the evening I usually stay on for an hour or more just to pass time.
I hardly sleep, right now it is 1:20 am. Everyone is in bed so I am trying to waste time until I am tired without waking everyone else up... computer is good way to do that.. If I am at home, well my kids are a bit older so they do not demand so much of my time any more. I can sneak on for a little bit here and there.
I'm at work, waiting for work orders to come in.





Or, when I'm at home, the kids are 7, 9 %26amp; 17 now %26amp; don't really need my constant interaction :-) And, of course, dad's there, too, to take care of the kids' needs, too.
Not sure I'm a regular.... But I'm on a lot! I'm at ';work'; plus my baby isn't here yet. And I don't have anything to do at work except put invoices in, and the program isn't working right, so I can't do it now lol.
I am a SAHM. My kids are in school right now...they are 10 and 7 so in between getting my pot roast started and laundry I just answer whatever I can. Then it is back to the drawing board. I will pop in and out throughout the day and night.
Really, you're a scientist? What's your speciality?





I have some free time to spend on the internet because I choose to have that free time. My laundry never seems to be folded, so I suppose that is what I give up to spend some time online.
Why shouldn't we ?


My twins are at school all day ..its either go to bed or be on Yahoo.. my son has autism and doesn't sleep all night, so if i can't sleep and my house is tidy..Yahoo here i come !
Usually at work, I'm in front of a computer all day so I've got time. I've been home for a little while though, so I haven't been on nearly as much.
I barley ever get on Yahoo Answers. School and Perigryn are soo much. Peri is sleeping! :)








Ayden is stalking?
My son is 3 months old so he naps alot. That is usually when I am online, or I bring him in here with me and he plays in his swing or bouncy.
I am at work with TONS of downtime and I am the only person in my office so I get very bored !
I'm ';working'; :(


I wish I were at home with my baby. Plus, I like to see how other people parent. It's interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment