Friday, November 25, 2011

Shouldn't we encourage different parenting styles instead of judge them?

I just see a lot of opinions where people say you shouldn't raise your child like that or you shouldn't do that. But is not the way we were raised what makes us unique? Do we not want to be unique? I love all the different parenting styles out there I may not personally choose to do things that others would but I wouldn't criticize them. Of course there is a boundary of abuse which is wrong but other then that I think we should encourage instead of judge. Does anyone else agree?Shouldn't we encourage different parenting styles instead of judge them?
I agree with that regarding most parenting styles.





There are two exceptions that I have are the ';free for all, let your kids run the show, no boundaries'; parenting and of course flat out abuse (not spanking, but true abuse).





Otherwise, I say live and let live. I really appreciate MT's answer. Very well spoken.Shouldn't we encourage different parenting styles instead of judge them?
No, I don't think so. All the crazy people around, disrespecting everyone it's all because of the irresponsibility of last generation parents. They screwed up this generation and people are all hurting eachother and abusive and perverts. Compare today's music or movies to those of 30-40 years ago.


As far as parenting goes , people are responsible for the future generation and the future of the society and they mustn't use their children as lab rats of alternative styles of parenting. There's right and wrong and do's and don'ts to create mentally healthy , wholesome , responsible adults and parents who don't raise their children to respect those codes are just selfish and immature .
to an extent i agree but their are some types that should be judged... i read on here the other day someone saying instead of time out you should put a toddler in an empty closet with the door shut... and i really think she was serious not trolling... how can you NOT judge some one that thinks that is a good idea
I totally agree. I hate what I call “cookbook parents” who fail to see that children are unique individuals and that they need to be raised as such. I believe parenting absolutes dehumanize children to statistics.
I think that while humans are innately a ';follow the heard'; type of species, individuality and real common sense action would be better than doing things mindlessly because ';everybody else does.'; That goes as well for parenting as anything else.
couldnt agree with you more!
  • new lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment