Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do you think parents should be required to take a parenting class before they bring baby home?

why? and what would be taught at the class?Do you think parents should be required to take a parenting class before they bring baby home?
Yes. I thought it was entirely too easy to get pregnant and have a baby. It seemed to happen so fast, and I'm 33 and it was planned.





Personally, it would suck to be required to go through such classes because I prefer to read the things I need to know about parenting %26amp; caring for my baby on my own time.





I definately see the need for people to be educated. You have to take a drivers test to get a license, you have to be educated for most jobs/careers.





Why not have a series of classes to complete by the time your baby is born? A course on the development of a child' s mind would be good, how to care for a newborn, when to take them to the doctor/ER, etc.





Maybe they could be offered online too, for folks like me.Do you think parents should be required to take a parenting class before they bring baby home?
Absolutely not. I think it's great to have classes available for those that want them, but no way should it be a requirement...there are so many different styles of parenting. I don't want whether I can bring my own child home to depend on me smiling and nodding at parenting strategies I totally disagree with.





Thankfully my babies will start out at home, not at the hospital, so there's nowhere to ';bring them home'; from!
i think so cause as a first time mom i had to learn alot on my own and with a pareting class they show you the rights and wrongs when dealing with a newborn infant. thats why i say alot of ppl out there hurt they babies cause they didnt know what to do especially with all the crying. im not saying class can prevent it but it can help you understand better, its very useful. but now that i learned with my son i know what to do with my next kid if i have that chance. i personally they are very helpful. you learn about diapering, the different crys. theyre feeding time and breastfeeding and care of infant and umbilical cord and circumison care.
I don't think its necessary. Anything I needed to know, I asked my mom or figured it out. As for divorce or separation, geesh! Marry each other, truly mean ';for better or for worse';, and quit acting childish. Its not about just you anymore.
My baby was born at home. So no bringing home.





I dont think mandated parenting classes are the way to go. Maybe more ACCURATE information.





About


Breast feeding


Harmful affects of crying it out, etc.


maybe even baby wearing.[how it helps colic, etc]


Kangaroo Care.


Co sleeping.
No because parenting is not a ';one size fits all kids'; situation. There are also alot of flaky ideas out there on what's best for kids IMO and I would not want to be told it was the only way to parent.
no- because this is a free country and you can parent any way you want as long as you're not abusing or neglecting your child- some people dont even birth at the hospital- i wouldnt watch it because i dont agree with some things that other do
so no baby can ever come out of a hospital!!


but i have taken a cpr class before i took my baby out of the hospital and it was required since she was a preemie...
I don't think they should be MADE to, but it should be offered. In it can be helpful hints on what to do if a baby's crying, feeding problems, etc.
No. We're humans. We're animals. We have instincts and they should be respected.
No I don't.Maybe they could have the option to take classes,but I don't think it should be mandatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment