Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Does anyone know of any REALLY good overprotective parenting articles?

i will be 18 in 3 months, and my curfew is 10pm, i cant go to parties where there is drinking, i cant go to boys houses, i cant have friends over when they arent home, they have to know where i am at all times, we arent religious, and i havent done anything to lose their trust, any articles that i could present to them would be much appreciated!


thanks so much!Does anyone know of any REALLY good overprotective parenting articles?
If you live under your parents roof, they are very much in the right for all of that. As far as friends not being over when they are home, if something should happen there at their home, they need to know about it. I had to abide by those same rules when I was a kid. When my husband's niece lived with us, we also had that same rule. You shouldn't be going to parties where there is alcohol, anyway. You aren't 21. You do realize that at least for the next three months, if anything happens, such as you getting arrested for being at some party underage, your PARENTS will be charged? Yep. They have to know where you are at all times, because they are supposed to know. When my husband's niece lived with us, we had to know where she was at all times as well. What happens if you sneak off somewhere, get kidnapped or something, and your parents have no idea where to try and find you because you told them you'd be somewhere else? Or you didn't tell them at all where you were going? They wouldn't know where to begin looking for you.





Edit: That's how House Rules work. They who own the house get to make the rules.Does anyone know of any REALLY good overprotective parenting articles?
I'm only 23 years old and I think those are some great rules! They were the ones I had at your age and I'm very grateful for my parents giving me those rules now.
Read anything by Jim Fay
some rules seem a bit extreme, but the no alcohol parties seems like a good one. My mom had similar rules which i ignored and got into trouble, i started drinking at thirteen and got pregnant at 15, all for the sake of rebelling, or maybe getting attention, but honestly except for the curfew it seems like those are some good rules, it kept you out of trouble so far.
Jeez girl I'm sorry. I'm 13 and can go to parties (not drinking though). I can go to boys houses and go out places with them. My curfew gets worked out depending on the night. Usually around 11:30 on weekends, 10 on weekdays.
nope sorry. but jeez im 13 and i have more freedom than you.
yea try this one i just wrote:





overprotective parens are not cool and they should stop being overprotective.
You,





Should allow for you to turn 18, and then you are legal to do a few things...





I am just thinking, that you can ask,com it!!


Here is a link to quizes:


http://www.ask.com/web?q=Overprotective+鈥?/a>





Here is a link to articles: For you to deal with them!


http://www.ask.com/web?q=How+Do+I+Deal+w鈥?/a>








I had a mom, like this, and you know what, I graduated early and I did not get pregnant,so I say be glad!! Good Luck!!
Why do teens always think it's about trust? My son uses that one all the time. It's not about not trusting you, it is simply about looking out for your best interests. Believe me, I was raised like that and one day you will appreciate your parents concern and love for you.
  • clinique
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment