Tuesday, August 24, 2010

When a child is breastfeeding how does the child custody and parenting times work?

I'm a new mom. My son is only 3 months old and I'm 17. I don't know how any of these things work. Me and the baby's dad separated before I knew I was pregnant.





Please Help MeWhen a child is breastfeeding how does the child custody and parenting times work?
When my husband was in that situation (we were not together yet), his custody was set up as reasonable time, reasonable notice (he had to give his ex enough notice that he wanted his daughter and it had to be a reasonable amount of time) until his daughter was a certian number of months old and then if his ex wanted to keep breastfeeding, she had to pump enough for the weekends when he would have his daughter.When a child is breastfeeding how does the child custody and parenting times work?
You'd have to ask a judge this, honestly. I think sometimes they would wait until the child was weaned to have overnight visits with the breastfed child. Otherwise, if they're just short visits, etc. pump beforehand and give him the bottles of expressed milk.
Depends on your state. In some states if you're breastfeeding it limits the time with dad until a year or so (as to help your success with bfing). If you can post your state I can look up some info for you.
Hi,





I'm just guessing here but can't wait until your son is weaned off breastfeeding first? You could try expressing but some babies don't like bottles. Let your baby dada and the courts be patient
whenever your child is with the father use a breast pump and send bottles of milk over...and when the baby is with you just breast feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment