Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How does the parenting class work in a divorce?

Ok so my husband and i are divorcing. We are supposed to be taking this parenting class afterwards i guess. But i live in Ky and im moving back home to Ok. Is there a way i can have it scheduled for back home incase im not here in Ky to do it??How does the parenting class work in a divorce?
I have a feeling this will be a lot more complicated then you think...I'm in sort of the same boat as you. Only I didn't get a divorce, I'm just having a custody battle with an ex boyfriend of mine. I have to get his permission to take our son to CT. Which I have his permission to go (Its only 2 hours away) The only problem we're having is visitation. He wants it split half and half. I get my son for two weeks and he gets him for two weeks. Well my lawyer is telling me the whole two week thing isn't a great idea. So now I said we should just let the court decide. Anyways...if your husband wants to be an active dad (which by the way, as long as hes not a bad guy meaning abusive that sort of thing, I would go along with it) your in for a lot more then just worrying about parenting classes.How does the parenting class work in a divorce?
Well, you can't get the divorce until you take the class. I'm assuming you wouldn't move until you are divorced.
Its possible but you must obtain the Judges permission first before moving
Everything needs to be settle in court before a judge

No comments:

Post a Comment