Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How important is it that your kids approve of your parenting style? Do you think being friends with your?

teens is better, easier than being strict and having standards.How important is it that your kids approve of your parenting style? Do you think being friends with your?
my kids have no say about my parenting style, they are children, they havent been around long enough to know how to parent, and i dont need their approval on howi raise them,





being ';friends'; with our teenagers is half of whats wrong with kids today, they need discipline, they have plenty of friends. you can get along with them and not be ';friends'; or hanging out buddies or whatnot. i have a 15 year old neighbor, i found out the other day her mother smokes weed with her, yeah...way to be a parent mom. im glad my mom was a parent and not my friend. now that im an adult though my mom is my best friend. but it has no place while youre growing up and developing and still need that guidanceHow important is it that your kids approve of your parenting style? Do you think being friends with your?
I don't think it is important that kids agree with the parenting style. I do think it makes life a whole lot easier if you can agree to disagree and that the child recognizes your authority.





You can be friends with your teen and still be strict and have standards. Over the years I've been friends with most all my bosses/supervisors but I still recognize that they have the final say in maters of disagreement. Being friends with your teen doesn't mean letting them do whatever they want. As the ad says ';friends don't let friends drive drunk.';
I don't think you should be a friend and not a parent, but I don't see any reason a parent cannot also be a friend. I get on famously with my children, we have a lot of fun. It's easier to connect to them and know what's going on in their lives and to have a close, trusting relationship with them when I don't act like a removed, egocentric tyrant.





My children's approval of my style matters to me because their happiness matters to me. If I'm doing something that is making them unhappy, and it is something I can reasonably change, I do my best to. There's no reason just to make a child unhappy when they needn't be simply for the sake of being absolute in your parenting and presenting the image to your children that you're always, uncompromisingly right. Even adults need to change how they think sometimes, and often our children are the ones to make us see sense enough for that change. It takes a big person to stand by their ideals, and a bigger one to admit fault with their ideals and change.
Who says you can't be friends with your teen and still have standards? My mom is one of my best friends, but that doesn't mean it would ever be okay for me to break the rules.





Of course, the main rule in our house was always kindness and respect. That pretty much covers everything though, so other rules weren't necessary.





Incidentally, I've always got excellent grades, I've never had so much as a detention, and I'm completely honest with my parents.





What kind of friend would let their friend grow up to be any less than the best person they could be?
i honestly do not care what my children think of my parenting style. in fact, i hope they severely dislike it.





i think it's way easier to be your teen's friend, but is it right, or better? i don't think so. i intend to be VERY strict. and they will just have to deal with it until they're 18, even if that means they hate my guts until the day i die. at least i will die knowing my kids turned out to be decent, respectful human beings.





my mother was extremely strict when we were growing up. and i truly believe that i'm a better person because of it.
im 17 and although me and my mum dont hang out together shopping and stuff, i still respect her and how she raised me and my brother alone as a single mother. she likes to pull that ';i raised u all by myself, u dont know how hard it was'; on us a lot to stress how much she wants us to succeed in the future to make her proud. she isnt so strict with me anymore, especially with going out. she said she thinks shes raised me to the point where i can make decisions for myself now but she does need to know where i am going etc. and kids approving of parenting style is very important otherwise the child will lose respect for their parents in the future
It's good to have a close relationship with your kids. It helps them feel comfortable telling you what's on their minds and what they're going through. However, a parent's role is to love, correct, discipline, and provide moral, emotional, and spiritual direction. :o)
Not important at all if they approve of our parenting style. They don't really have a say in it - otherwise it wouldn't work!





I don't think being friends with teens is a good idea - teens have plenty of friends. They need guidance and boundaries.
As the parents, my wife and I do need any approval from our children on how we choose to run the home. They will accept our rules and standards, like it or not.
  • new lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment