Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What is more challenging and or draining- parenting a baby or a toddler?

Everyone says having a baby will be hard, (I'm 26 weeks pregnant) but it gets easier as they grow. Is this true? I used to babysit kids, and I found that the babies were really easy, it's when they start walking and talking and running that they get to be a bit of a handful! (lol).





Just curious, I would like to get some moms and dads to weigh in!





:) ThanksWhat is more challenging and or draining- parenting a baby or a toddler?
It gets easier in different ways, and harder in different ways. Of course there is less night feedings, crying, and changing of diapers. But there is more chasing, watching, and tantrums. As your kids get older so many things about them get easier, but with age comes more responsibility. I don't think it will ever get easier all around lol. My son is 7 and for the past 7 years I have been wondering the same thing. And as soon as one aspect of his lfe gets easier, 10 more come up that are 10 times more challenging. I guess that is what makes parenting so much fun, all the surprises that come along with it!What is more challenging and or draining- parenting a baby or a toddler?
My baby is only seven weeks so I can't really speak on the toddler thing. Well, as much I love her(and oh do I love her), she can be pretty emotionally draining. She's colic, and cries 3 to four days a week, for pretty much the whole day. Although we had a great day today, we just switched her to Alimentum formula, it's expensive but if it makes her feel better it's worth it. Sorry, probubly scaring you, but back to your question, I think it's more emotionally draining having a baby, and more physically with a toddler!!





Congradulations on you baby! I wish you the best!!
New babies are really easy compared to toddlers. All new babies do is sleep and feed, whereas a toddler needs entertaining. I found the hardest stage with my first baby was from about 8 months until about 15 months. And true to form i'm in the middle of the stage with my 2nd child now! The hardest stage is when they want to be mobile but aren't yet so they get very frustrated!
It does not get easier. It gets different. Babies are hard because they require so much attention. Toddlers are hard because they have tantrums. Older children are hard because you have to ferry them from here to there all day.





After 7 years of parenting, I have to say that infants (after 6 weeks or so) are easiest.





My life has not become easier as my kids have aged. If anything, I'm more exhausted than before. However, life is more fun once the kids can talk, walk and play.
Babies can be harder if they are colicky...and most babies do not sleep through the night...so months upon months of sleep deprivation will wear you down into a robotlike state if you are not careful to sleep when baby sleeps.





The upside to baby is that when you set baby down in a swing or bouncer, they stay there. Toddlers need contant supervision, and they are little balls of energy that just go go go.





Having said all they they are both such a great source of joy!!!
I would say a toddler is harder, they get into everything, they ask questions about everything, they throw tantrums, and they talk back. Infants just lay there and love you, no matter what you did, are doing, or are about to do.
Toddlers, definitely. Babies are hard work, especially if they don't sleep through but you are constantly chasing toddlers, the only time you stop is when they're asleep.
hummm...its a toss up....i think once they get older they are a bit more of a handful..yet babies are more stressful..unless you get a good one..good luck
I would have to say toddler is more challenging - that could be because though, we were very lucky to have a great baby - slept through the night since he was about 3 months, never any other issues - i cant even remember a time when hes had a nappy rash!! Hes 16 months now, and getting to that 'i'll do it myself and if it doesnt work, i'll chuck a na-na' stage : ) Its more challenging, but i guess its probably more fun though aswell - more learning and playing to be had : )
  • clinique
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment