Saturday, August 21, 2010

What was the worse pregnancy/parenting cliche you heard while pregnant?

For me it was ';all babies do is eat, ****, and sleep.'; Then I had a baby and realized it wasn't quite that simple. Ironically, the people who said this were people who didn't have children.





Your turn. What's the worst cliche thing you heard while pregnant?What was the worse pregnancy/parenting cliche you heard while pregnant?
';your life is over';





Like seriously, my life has just begun now i have my little girl. Everything just makes so much more sense now, than it did before i had children!What was the worse pregnancy/parenting cliche you heard while pregnant?
For me it wasn't any one thing in particular, but it was everyday someone coming up to me telling me something. It was like I was a walking display for advice!! People I didn't even know were like, wow, you are gonna eat THAT? Don't you know how bad that is? Or, O wow, you belly is really high, must be a girl. Towards the end of pregnancy I really didn't want to leave the house anymore!
Boil bottles, nipples and cleaning utensils and ONLY use distilled water for formula. Never use warm tap water or warm a bottle in the microwave - only use the $50 bottle warmer that doesn't work anyhow.





I never did any of that and my daughter (six now) is just fine - The funniest thing is that I've heard it from new moms a lot but by the time it's time for round two they all say they wouldn't waste time with all that again... well no duh :)
Don't tell anyone you are pregnant until you are through your third month. Supposedly it's bad luck. Who could keep that a secret?!?! The second I found out, the whole world knew :-) with BOTH of my children. My son is prefectly healthy as was my pregnancy and so far, this baby is doing perfectly too.





OH--one more for you.. If you cut your hair when you're pregnant you will deliver prematurely. WHATEVER. i cut my hair all the time and delivered 2 weeks late!!
Don't buy any items for the baby until your last trimester and don't buy the pram/stroller until baby is born because your flying in the face of God?I and everyone else i know bought eveything before being 5 months preg and all our babies wer born healthy.
The mother must ';eat for two';...what rubbish!





The other was that a lot of heartburn meant the baby would have a lot of hair. More rubbish!
eating for 2 . really you only need 300 more cals


you will never sleep again - naps in the day time with baby are wonderful
dont eat anything with peanuts in it..... the baby will be born with a peanut allergy.........lol i couldnt help put laugh and she was so serious...... she has no children
';You have to eat for two';..........so not true!

No comments:

Post a Comment