Saturday, August 21, 2010

What's your most hated word or phrase often used in the pregnancy & parenting category?

I hate hate hate the word 'prego', it's not like it's so much harder to write pregnant. And how many people mis-spell pregnant? I'v seen pregant, pegnant, pregnat, pregate and so much more.


And I hate the theory, 'my mum did it and i'm ok'. So, Evil Knievel did a lot of very dangerous stuff and survived. does that mean it's ok to try it at home?


Any others?What's your most hated word or phrase often used in the pregnancy %26amp; parenting category?
unmarried parents kids being referred to as b*****ds- no need!


breastfeeders- Gods chosen people


bottlefeeders- devil worshippers


SAHM- lazy bi***s


working mums- part time parents


teenage mums- w****s





list goes on, don't understand why we can't be less judgemental of others, especially when a child is not at harmWhat's your most hated word or phrase often used in the pregnancy %26amp; parenting category?
Well this isn't really a ';pregnancy and parenting category'; word but I don't like the word hubby. I would rather the person use the word husband and not hubby.


I can't really think of my most hated word. Preggo is one but not the ';most hated'; one. I don't like all the abbreviations they use in this category because I don't know what most of them are and would much rather read the word or words the abbreviations stand for.
I also hate the world prego. It's really annoying.





But I must say, I'm one of those annoying people that says 'My parents did it and I'm ok' - mostly because, my parents are the greatest ever and they did a fantastic job raising us. I want to follow in their footsteps and hope to be just as fantastic of parents as they are. So I'm happy to do everything they do.





I'm not keen on all the abbreviations, some of them I haven't a clue what people mean and it just makes the question pointless. It's not difficult to type the full word.





i AlSo DoNt LiKe WhEn PeOpLe TyPe LiKe ThIs or THiS.. grrr...
SAHM's ONLY (or any other phrase intended to exclude working moms).





Working moms = neglectful / abusive / et cetera et cetera ad nauseum / all mothers should stay at home and I'm better than you because I do, blah blahbity blah blah.





Hubby in reference to husband... I've just never liked it!





Preggo, preggers.





What really grinds my gears is when people use ';baby'; incorrectly. I see it all over here and in mass-media as well. ';When did baby start crawling?'; ';How far along were you when baby came?'; ';How many weeks old is baby?'; NO! The correct way to write it is, ';How many weeks old is the/your baby?'; or ';How many weeks old is he/she/name?'; I don't know why this grammar error is so widespread, but it's always bugged me.





Referring to pregnancies or children by number... like they're units or something! #4 was born in July, #5 was born in February, #6 is on the way... do these kids have names or initials or any other qualifier you can use to differentiate them besides numbers?
I hate the words: ';prego';, ';preggers'; and any variation of it. Just say pregnant or expecting or any other real English word that applies to the situation.





And mis-spelled words, especially when they are common words, frustrate me.





And, I agree, I really hate all the ';Am I pregnant?'; questions. Go out and buy a test!!
I hate prego too!! Any misspelling of pregnant! There is a spell check built right in to Y!A! How hard is it really to just click ';open spell checker';? I hate when people say they are 12 and pregnant or 12 and want to be pregnant or ';Does the pull out method work?'; or ';Am I pregnant?'; or ';Don't you hate all the am I pregnant questions?'; or ';Where do babies come from?'; There are just too many to mention!!!
Lol, my favourite worst spelling is pregnate. Or people who spell ';dialation';... or ';babby';. ARGH!





I'm a horrible spelling/grammar pedant though.





My most hated phrase/question is probably, ';Why won't my 2 month old sleep through the night?'; :s





****


Just remembered another one, ';I used the withdrawal method, could I be pregnate?'; OMG that annoys me!
I am with you I hate ';preggers'; ';preggo'; and people who misspell easy words by adding an extra letter onto it for example: ';annoye'; There is a spell check on your computer, how hard is it to use it!?





I also hate the theory that older woman give you that ';I was a mother before so I know from experience'; they have done lots of research since these people were mothers and they have had new developments since then that help to care better for your baby....





I also hate it when other mom's try to push their views on you, especially if you didn't ask. If you simply state that you co-sleep or that you don't, in your questions some mothers will come on and make that the basis of their answer, even if you just wrote ';blah blah blah, I dont co-sleep blah blah blah what color should I paint my sons room'; These mother's come on here and bash you for not co-sleeping... or whatever... (not relating to co-sleeping for any particular reason just using as an example). Just because we do things differently doesn't make us bad parents. And people pushing their opinions and views when not asked for them are just plain rude.





All that and finally, the AM I PREGNANT question. Do I have the word ';Clearblue'; tattooed on my forehead? Walk to the store, get a test, and if its positive there's your answer. Why waste our time? All we can tell you is to get a test.... which you should have just done in the first place.





And thats my rant for the day! Thank you for that! I feel better now!
My most hated word has to be ';babby'; arrgghhh I absolutely hate it and the sound of it makes me cringe.


Only one other answerer has mentioned this vile word, so thanks Lulu86 for pointing that out.


I live in in the midlands which is also known as the black country and a lot of people say babby instead of baby and I think it sounds awful.


ITS BABY OK!!!!!!!! say it correctly.
Like many other people have listed:





Preggo, Pregnate





Other silly ideas, questions and phrases:





1.'It is okay to quit smoking gradually because my doctor told me it is':REALLY? So why do most medical journals say to quit and go cold turkey? A blatant phrase used by mums who want to avoid the guilt of poisoning their child in the womb.





2.'We use the withdrawal/rhythm method, is there a chance I am pregnant'...I have actually given up on answering them questions now.





3.'I am 7 days late, with sore boobs and nausea, shall I test' YES WE DO NOT KNOW IF YOU ARE PREGNATE sod off down to your local chemist and test.





4.'Is my OPK test positive'...Does anyone really need to see multiple postings of pee covered sticks, that is what www.poas.com is for...to save women the bother of infecting their poor scanner/printer.





5.Breastfeeding troll questions/answers *Cough fajinadyotamanda Cough*





6.Spanking troll questions











Yeah, I nit pick :).
I have heard the phrase ';attention whore'; and it made my skin crawl.





The other thing that drives me crazy is this or any other variation of it, ';So I'm 14 and like my boy friend and I like had unprotected sex and like he didn't c*m in me or nothin but like could I still be like PREGO'; (LOL!)
oh my i hate that 2 lol.





i think my thing is what other people get irriatated about.....i type quick, and yes i do spell things wrong and that ya spell checker is useless, its never on the right word lol, so i hate it when people say stupid things such as, oh my when u can spell then u deserve a child, i mean, im not stupid, i have 4 alevels and an english degree (well a year of it so far)





i just choose to type quicker and sometimes make mistakes!!!





what i do hate is when people say horrible things because my fiance and i wernt married, the worst was when we were ttc ,before we found out about his sperm, and a women told me that he would probably leave me if i had trouble concieving!!! i mean, he isnt just soe random man off the street,lol, i do knwo and love him!!!!!





oh i could go on and on,





and also when people answer q's with things that arnt answers like,


';i want a baby, any tips to help me concieve?';


a- ';have sex';





or ';thats a long question'; and such like, just p!ss off if u have no intention of saying anything constructive.
You took the words right outta my mouth. I HATE the words ';prego'; and ';preggers';.





And what's bugging me lately are the number of people asking if it's okay to put rice cereal in a bottle! Err, do you want your child to choke? And i've even seen some questions ';my child is a month old, can I put rice cereal in his bottle to make him sleep longer?';..... words fail me.
I hate the word Pregers. I am pregnant, not prego, not pregers, pregnant. I hate the ';my mom did it with me and I turned out fine'; Well actually no you didn't turn out fine! What I want to say to them. Instead I say my child, my choice.
I use the word prego quite a bit, LOL. I think it's kind of an endearing term. I think what I hate most in the pregnancy and parenting category is the constant question of ';could I be pregnant?'; Ugh!! It's enough to drive a person crazy!
I guess this is not really a word, but those people who post and can't spell or use basic grammar and then ask stupid questions like 'how do I make my baby kick' and it makes you wonder what the poor child is going to end up like. Did these people ever finish school?
'What do you think of these names' ????





Why, oh why, oh why do they do it ??????


If you love a particular name, would you suddenly hate it just because complete strangers dislike it ????? If you would then that's pretty lame and if it wouldn't bother you then why ask ????!!!!!
the spelling of pregnant being all screwed up....if you can't spell it, you have no business being that way! (Come on now, i can't spell worth a crap, but i can at least spell THAT!)
Agree with the prego crap! I copy and paste the link....


http://www.prego.com/prego.aspx





and say ';AWE! Your having a baby tomato? How cute!';
My absolute MOST hated phrases.....ready!?!?!?











';WHEN I WAS PREGNANT...';





';YOU SHOULDN'T...';





';IT'S A BOY/GIRL....BY THE WAY YOU'RE CARRYING.';





there's so many more but those are in my top 3!
The 'Am I pregnant' questions annoy me





We don't have crystal balls on Y/A





why don't they just take a test instead of wasting their time asking silly questions,when they will get a mixed bunch of answers,anyway
People who ask you to answer their question and then tell you not to judge them if you just so happen to not agree with them or tell them what they want to hear. It's hypocrisy at its finest.
ooh i hate those


'i had sex 3 months ago, used protection, have had three periods, used five negative pregnancy tests. do you think im pregnant?';


nooooooooooooooooooooooo
Ahh before I even read your full Q. I was going to answer I hate when people say '; My grandma did it, or my mom did it and we turned out fine';.


You said it perfect with the Evil Knievel.
I hate hearing the phrase ';There goes my hard-earned tax dollars';.





That and ';Formula feeding parents are lazy';.
Hee-hee...what about Preggy? I''ve heard that one on here a few times! I also have a problem with the term ';Fallen pregnant'; it sounds too much like ';fallen ill'; or ';fallen over';!
';what would this german mother do....';
preggers. pregs. preggys. So annoying.
Any other form of the word pregnant


eg. preggo, preggers and then people who can't spell it properly.
I hate when people use abbreviations and expect you to know what they mean!!!
I hate the word preggers. And pregnate is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment