Saturday, August 21, 2010

What about parenting did you Learn when becoming a Parent?

ME, I Learned Not To Judge a Parent By their kids behavior. Before being a parent (although i have been around kids all my life) I would See Kids catching tantroms and Say '; If i were that kids mom He wouldn't be acting like that). And now being a mother to a 2 year old. She curses, Hits and Everything else in between. And I try to instill as much of Me as i can..But...One thing is For sure A Child will always Be Simply that...... a Child!What about parenting did you Learn when becoming a Parent?
I have learned that some kids are just born sick and with problems no matter how 'good' the mom was during pregnancy. My child was born with LOADS of problems but I took all my prenatal vitamins ate fresh fruit and veggies, got exercise, didn't smoke or drink or anything bad...but he was still born with tons of problems.What about parenting did you Learn when becoming a Parent?
Well honestly I think EVERYTHING you learn about parenting you learn by 'on the job training'.... Everything before that is just supposition and assumption and judgments we make based on our own growing up and parents and the little bit of time we might spend with kids or families. It's easy to judge other parents UNTIL you are one yourself (as you said)!





I always thought I would never do this or never say that and always do this and always discipline like this.... etc.... ONCE YOU HAVE kids (I have 4) you realize that every child is different. NO ONE child can be treated, loved, disciplined or parented exactly the same way and that parenting is the toughest, most difficult fulfilling thing you will ever experience in your whole life!
Well, I learned it's not as easy as some people make it out to be. I realized I have to have a lot more patience and I have to catch myself getting upset over little things when I know my daughter is being just like you said.. A CHILD! There are some cases where the parents just let their kids run wild but if a mother is trying to do all they can then props because as parents we're always going to do something another parent disagrees with but that's just how life is =]
I learned not to listen to other mothers advice.LoL. What worked for their kid doesn't always work for another. And of course, my mother isn't or wasn't a better mother than me. I hate when people are always telling you what you are doing wrong with your child, so I try not to do that to any other mother, whether she be a new mother, or on her third kid.
i wouldnt blame the parents, children learn from others they are around too. just because she doesn't hear you swear, doesn't mean she hasn't heard anyone else swear.





she could hear it on the street for example...you just have to explain to her that it is rude and wrong and tell her why.
I've been helping raise children my whole life... i'm the oldest of 5 kids and the youngest one is 12 years old right now. My biggest thing i learned is that your parents way of parenting isn't always the best way to do it. Sometimes it's best to learn from their mistakes!
This is true parenting is one of the toughest and most rewarding jobs we'll ever have there are no manuels they hand out at the hospitals with your newborn you both learn as you go and in between learn some things that stay with you forever....
~That it is very hard to let them make their own mistakes and learn. It's much easier to just say, ';No, you can't do that';, but they learn so much more if they are allowed to fail on their own


:-(
That this is a job that you learn flying by the seat of your pants. You can read all you want but it really is a learn as you go deal.
That seeing your children open gifts on Christmas morning is so much more fun than opening things for yourself and that my ideas on parenting would have to be adjusted based on the personality of my child.
I learned that you are right.You can never judge a parent by the child or a child by the parent.
I learned to trust my instinces and to never be afraid or shy to ask a question regarding the children's health %26amp; well-being.
that it is far more satisfying caring for someone else than it is caring about yourself.
that my mother was right, my tantrums as a child did come back to bite me in the ***
  • clinique
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment