Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What aspects of parenting do you find most challenging?

For me it is having to find the reserves of energy to go that extra mile when you are exhausted and have not had a day off for over 2 years..What aspects of parenting do you find most challenging?
been on my own it hard when your ill! i have a stomach bug last week and felt dreadful and was sick for 2 days! i found this very hard as i had noboby to help me out and stil had to run around after a two year oldWhat aspects of parenting do you find most challenging?
trying to dicipline. it breaks my heart.
Reacting in the right way to naughty behaviour. When you're tired, it's so easy to blow your top - which always makes things a lot worse. That's the bit I find hardest.





And I agree with you, motherhood can be exhausting - esp. when they're only 2. Once they go to school, you can at least have a little bit of time to yourself.
Dealing with all the emotions. i have 2 girls and a boy. the girls are so whiny.an with 3 females in the house its enough to drive an empath out screaming.
Keeping my patience.
my daughter is almost a teen here by April she is gonna be a teen in the house and the attitude I tell you, as they get older find themselves there attitude is the most challenging I think, and my boys are the same way as they grow there attitude is changing and is getting harder to live with as days go by and yrs as well.
because of the dynamics involved,tell me how many children you have and are they boys or girls
I think for me it is seeing that my daughter is nothing like a baby any more...I stopped breatsfeeding her two and a half weeks ago, which sent me to a moment of depression about my 'baby' no longer being a baby. She is growing up and starting to talk, which is great for her, but a little sad for me.


Another thing that I find a bit stressful is that I have a family who have their own ideas about how I should treat my daughter, they don't get that this is mine and my partners baby, not theirs...it is challenging because I suddenly have to worry about how to ignore their suggestions tactfully.





I agree with the exhaustion bit too!
toilet training! I'm still recovering several years later
Not getting any sleep.
The actual reponsibility of raising kids that are moral, have good sense and hope that they turn out to be someone great.
trying not to choke the living crap out of them when they are really bad LOL no seriously the birds and the bees would be my biggest thing right now and the pressures set forth by their friends
I found the teenage years were a night mere, there is a saying '; when their little they step on your toes and when their big they step on your heart. its worse now then before, its not only hard to be a teen, its grueling to be a parent of a teen. I'm assuming you have a two year old, hang in there you only have at the very least 16 more years with no days off. Parenting is a tough job, 24/7 the pay is lousy, the job exhausting, but you can't beat the benefits!
I think that trying to uphold moral and ethical values when their 'friends' try to promote underage sex,drugs and alcohol. My four girls are all grown up now, but during teenage years the pressures from others to indulge lost them a lot of friends and earnt them ridicule and bullying. This was very hard on them and me.
i live at home during the wk so i find its other ppls opinion on the way u want ur child rared!every one has their own way and it gets hard!
for me it is letting my daughter grow up. I dont want her to!!! Of all the pride I have in her for the independance she has, its still hard to send her on her merry way out into that big world of ours.
All of it!!





Each day brings a different challenge i find being a father bringing his children up.





It's all good though and very rewarding :)
First, patience, I think anyone who has tried to reason with a toddler can say that.


Then, it's letting go. I'm a bit of a control freak and have a hard time letting my husband step in, he's in the military so he's not used to my son and doesn't know what every babble or signal means.
Most challenging for me would be dealing with the woes and problems of teenagers and the challenges of terrible twos at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment